Number bibs, Timing System & Method:
- Each athlete of Marathon, Half Marathon and Mini Marathon will be provided a number bib and a timing chip (in case the athlete does not have his own chip).
- The number bib and chip have to be worn properly during the competition.
- Each participant will receive one number bib that must be put on the chest. In case the number bib or the timing chip is missing or wearing in the wrong place, the Organizing Committee reserves the right to disqualify the runner’s result.
- ChampionChip is the timing system used for the race, it provides Personal Times (Chip Time/Net Time) and Official Time (Gun Time) for each athlete. Results will be based on the Official Time in accordance with IAAF Standards.
- On any condition, number bib and timing chip cannot be exchanged or transferred to other athletes; or else, the athletes will be disqualified and no certificate will be provided.
Time Limit, Certification and Medal:
- Each races have the following time limit:
||2 hours 30 minutes
||1 hour 15 minutes
- Courses of each race will be closed according to the above mentioned time limit. Athletes who cannot complete the courses within the time limit have to follow the instruction of the Organizer, and cannot enter to the stadium to cross the finished line.
- Organizer will establish a Check Point for Marathon athletes which is located, ca. 65% of the total distance from the start line. Organizer reserves the right to stop the athlete who can not pass the Check Point before the specified time limit. The Check Point will be located depending on the road condition and announced later.
- Athletes who finished the race within the time limit shall be awarded a medal and a certificate. Athletes can download the certificate through the following website: www.marathon-photos.com.
- Awarded athletes should collect medal and trophy on the race day, those haven’t collected the trophy on the race day should contact the Organizer within one week after the race and should pick up within one month after the race; otherwise, it will be considered as renunciation of collection.
- Should there be any mistakes on the certificate, please contact the Organizer before 11/12/2012 for alteration. Request after that date will not be accepted.
- For those athletes who cannot complete the courses within the time limit mentioned above, no medal and certificate will be provided.
Safety Precautions and Rules:
- Athletes should fully follow the instruction of the Organizer. The Organizer will provide the best precaution to ensure the safety of the athletes. If any natural disasters or accidents happen, Organizer will try their best to provide support but will not be responsible for any accidents during the competition.
- All athletes are recommended to do full practice or training and understand their body and health condition before register for the race. If athletes feel sick during the race, they should inform the Organizer at once. Organizer will try their best to arrange for any necessary support but will not be responsible for any accidents during the competition. The act of registration implies that the athlete declares that his/her health condition is adequate for participating in the race, and that he/she takes full responsibility for any health changes that appear during the race.
- For safety purpose, all spectators, relatives of the athletes and non-organizer are not allowed to enter the course.
(male & female finishers)
(male & female finishers)
|The first 3 places plus two to be chosen at random from 4th – 10th place.
||The 1st place plus two to be chosen at random from 2nd – 5th place.
- According to the rules & regulations, any appeals have to be reported to the “Technical and Appeal Council” within 30 minutes after the race by filling an appeal form and should return the form within 45 minutes after the race. Appeal fee of MOP$800 or US$100 should be pay together with the appeal form. Technical & Appeal Committee only accepts the appeal application based on the mentioned procedure; should the appeal is accepted, the appeal fee will be refunded.
- Any other complaint, comment or appeal not fulfilling in point 1 should be reported to "Referee Team" instead.
Information to the Athletes:
Athletes have to pay attention to the followings:
- The race will start on 2nd December 2012 at 5:00 am (for marathon and half-marathon), 5:15 am (for mini-marathon);
- Store area is set up at the Indoor Stadium of Olympic Sport Centre. Each runner should put the belongings in the storage bag provided by the Organising Committee according to the colour of the respective event (marathon – yellow, half-marathon – blue, mini-marathon – green) and put the luggage tag printed with runner’s number (provided by the Organising Committee) in the window of the storage bag. Storage bag can be redeemed with number bib after the event at the same store area. Please do not store valuables.
- Your number bib should be attached to the front of your shirt during race, for controlling purposes by the judges. Athletes without number bib will be invited by the race officials to leave the course and considered as withdrawn from the race. The official video crew, spot check staff and check-points will be set up along the course to monitor the athletes’ performance. Athletes should follow the designated turn point to return and no cheating is allowed or else will be disqualified from the race;
- The Olympic Sport Centre Stadium will open for the athletes at 4:00 am; warm-up must be done behind the start line. All athletes are required to enter the Stadium before 4:45, otherwise the Organising Committee reserves the right to disqualify his/her participation in the race.
- The front of the queue will be reserved for the invited athletes and all other general runners, should line up behind the invited athlete and will be divided in two groups: the first group is composed by participants of Marathon and Half-Marathon, who will start first, and the second group is composed by Mini-Marathon’s athletes, who will start second. To get a position as front as possible inside your respective group, runners should arrive the earliest possible.
- Participants of Mini-Marathon shouldn’t be inside the area reserved for the first group, otherwise he/she will be disqualified from the race and the results nullified.
- For security purposes during the race, you should run on the left side of the lane to the flow of race traffic, except in special cases. You should follow the controllers’ indications, as well as the Traffic Officers, and you are not allowed to run outside the defined course;
- During the race, if you are feeling uncomfortable, please report immediately to the controlling officer, in order that adequate measures could be taken;
- After you cross the finish line you should follow the instructions of the umpires and cross a carpet for identity verification, Failing to do so, the organizing committee reserves the right to disqualified and nullify your time result.
- The Organizing Committee has established time limits for the conclusion of individual race: Marathon – 5 hours, Half Marathon – 2 hours and 30 minutes, Mini Marathon – 1 hour and 15 minutes. The time limit to conclude the first 35 km of the Marathon is 4 hours and 15 minutes;
- Athletes should complete the designated course within the established time limits. After the referred period, your time will not be registered in the official results and there will be a bus for all the delayed athletes to get on. If you wish to proceed on your own, the Organizing Committee will not assume any responsibility for any inconvenience caused to you;
- The athletes that conclude the race within the time limits established by the Organizing Committee will receive a medal;
- The athletes who finish the marathon (42.195Km) within the time limit (5 hours) will receive a T-shirt;
- Athletes who finish the race within the stipulated time limit may download their certificate through the website: www.marathon-photos.com from December 10th 2012. No certificates will be distributed on the day of the race;
- The Organizing Committee will provide the best precautionary measures to ensure the safety of the athletes, but will not be responsible for any accidents during the competition;
- Awarded athletes should gather at the award presentation area 20 minutes before scheduled time of award ceremony;
- Appeals: All participants have the right to appeal (Appeal forms available at the Technical and Appeals Council). Appeal form should be obtained within half an hour after the announcement of the classification results, and should be filled in within 15 minutes and submit together with a fee of MOP$800.00 or US$100.00, which will be returned to the plaintiff should the appeal be granted;
- All Athletes have the obligation to go through the Anti-doping test, should it be required by the Organising Committee, those who failed to follow will be subject to disqualification in the race;
- Awarded runners should fill in the prize money reclaim form after the prize presentation ceremony. Prize money will be sent to you by bank transfer within one month after the doping report has been issued.
- After finished the race, athletes should follow the staff’s instruction to go to the Pavilion of the Stadium and before departure: 1st) check if you are awarded with a classification (if so, please go to the prize presentation area as soon as possible); 2nd) reclaim your deposited belongings by presentation of your number bib.